Dewalt is a premium brand of power tools. Whether you require power saws, drills, or other things, this brand is bound to have a fantastic model for you. DeWalt DCD996 has two models, DCD996B, and DCD996p2, and both of them are similar to each other. Today in this DeWalt DCD996 review blog, we will discuss its specifications, features, pros, and cons of both models.
Introduction – DeWalt DCD996 Review
Once I switched to DEWALT DCD996 20V Max XR, I found that all of my other 18v tools were unnecessary. The batteries in this tool last a long time as well as hold their charge well. Both models are designed and developed with one key feature in mind, great for home improvement projects.
DeWalt DCD996B Review
It’s not every day you find a new and improved hammer drill that outperforms every other model in its class. The DEWALT DCD996B 20V MAX XR Li-Ion hammer drill does exactly that. It comes with the latest high-performance motor for 1/2 inch applications and a new 20V MAX XR battery.
That means it is designed to deliver more speed and power than ever before, operating as fast as 0-2,500 RPMs. It’s efficient enough to handle up to 33 percent more drilling capacity than comparable models. Not only that, but it is also easy to control and comfortable enough to hold, thanks to the ergonomic design.
- BATTERY TYPE – LITHIUM ION
- CHUCK SIZE – 1/2″
- CHUCK TYPE – METAL RATCHETING
- CLUTCH SETTINGS – 11
- KIT BOX – NONE
- MAX POWER – 820 UWO
- NO LOAD SPEED – 0-450 / 0-1,300 / 0-2,000 RPM
- # OF SPEED SETTINGS – 3
- POWER TOOL TYPE – CORDLESS
- SYSTEM – 20V MAX*
- This kit combines heavy-duty tools and construction equipment into one powerful product package. The DCD996B is a robust and practical option that will get the job done. With a design built to endure, this cordless drill allows you to handle only the elements most important to your day-to-day working life.
- It also comes with an onboard bit storage compartment to hold bits, sockets, small drill bits, and other accessories for maximum versatility and convenience.
- It is designed for professional, heavy-duty use; the drill offers various performance options to suit your application. Consider it a go-to at the site (and other handy locations) as it delivers 1,200 RPM and 3-speed settings (0-450/0-1300/0-2000 RPM) to tackle a range of applications.
- Heavy-Duty Toughness. With up to 65% more torque, the DCD996B impact driver is a potent 20V cordless tool capable of tackling any job.
- Durability and reliability
- Two-speed gearbox
- A cordless, brushless motor provides increased durability and efficient power for challenging work.
- It has a metal chuck that provides superior bit gripping strength and durability for heavy-duty applications.
- It has a LED light with three modes and a 20-minute auto shut-off. The 20-Minute Auto Shutoff feature conserves battery life by allowing you to choose the length of time that your bucket light will remain lit.
- This product is backed by a 3-year limited warranty, so if some problem arises, they will fix it for free.
- The only thing I didn’t like about it is you need to buy a charger; the package doesn’t include a charger.
DeWalt DCD996P2 Review
The DeWalt DCD996P2 20-volt max XR brushless 3-speed hammer drill is a powerful tool for all your drilling needs. With a compact design, this hammer drill fits into tight spots with ease. The 20-volt MAX XR lithium-ion battery provides long-lasting power to perform the job, getting up to 30% more work done than standard 18-volt batteries.
Power-packed performance and convenience in an ergonomic design – the new DEWALT DCD996P2 Hammer Drill/Driver is designed to handle both softwood framing and concrete wall drilling tasks with ease. The 3-speed transmission allows for optimal control and adapts to all levels of user exhaustion. It features a comfortable, single-handed grip and compact, lightweight design. This hammer drill delivers power where you need it. The XR Brushless motor provides up to 57% more run time over brushed while giving four times more power than the standard cordless drill.
CHUCK SIZE – 1/2″
CHUCK TYPE – METAL RATCHETING
# OF SPEED SETTINGS – 3.0
SYSTEM – 20V MAX*
- In the rotating drill head, a modified safety system is activated before passing through the handle. The rear recess on the top allows you to lock the head prematurely on impact.
- It has a high-performance brushless motor. DeWalt’s performance is unmatched by any other manufacturer in the industry today.
- The new Grand Power Brushless VP 1260 High Performance 1000 Watt Electric 4-CH Ground Mount Single Motor Direct Converter Substationary Alternator is ideal for applications with loads between 500 and 2000 Watts.
- It comes at an astonishingly fast rate of 0 to 38,000 beats per minute.
- Li-ion batteries are the latest technology and have been pioneered by DeWalt to bring much-improved capacity to the market. Standard batteries other than Li-ion are not that good as they have high costs in the long run.
- It has an optimal battery life
- The dcd996p2 drill is lightweight, durable, and powerful
- Its ergonomic design makes it easy to control hand fatigue and torque
- Ergonomic handle with soft grip
- Fast at drilling
- More comfort and balance
- Reduces downtime through efficient cutting
- It comes with dual battery packs for extended job site use
- It has a dual-speed
- You will not get depth rode with this hammer drill. It is a standalone item, and you will need to purchase that separately.
- Sometimes the batteries of the drills become disconnected just before drilling.
What makes DeWalt DCD996 a great Hammer Drill tool?
There are few things why DeWalt DCD996 is a great hammer drill tool.
The DeWalt DCD996 Cordless Drill/Driver provides professionals with a powerful 4-pole motor that delivers incredible speed for fastening, screw driving, drilling applications. Whether you’re a pro carpenter, woodworker, or weekend DIY-er, the DeWalt DCD996 is ready to build with you. With unmatched durability and functionality, the DCD996 won’t slow down even after hours of work. Check out our comparison betwen DCD996 and DCD796.
Affordable price and extended guarantee:
The DeWalt DCD996 is a great drill press for the price. It comes with a 2-3 year warranty and is as good or better than other comparable models from higher-end brands.
This 3-speed hammer drill features a 1/2 inch lightweight hammer drill, an 1/2 inch keyless chuck, and a ¼ inch hex-shank adapter for increased versatility. The DeWalt DCD996 20V MAX XR Hammer Drill is the first brushless hammer drill with an integrated chunk, eliminating the need for a secondary chuck key.
Brushless motor technology:
What is a Brushless Hammer Drill? Brushless motor technology delivers up to 50% more run time without sacrifice to power or speed, contributing to the tool’s essential 2 lb. weight and 11/2-inch diameter. This reduces fatigue during long periods of operation.
DEWALT DCD996 20-Volt Compact Drill/Driver is the best drill used in my entire life. It is the best because this drill has the excellent performance needed for all types of materials you may want to work on. This is a must-buy drill for people like me.
As per your need, you can choose the DeWalt DCD996, the most advanced XR Li-Ion 18V cordless brushless motor drill driver, designed to deliver higher performance with a longer run time. Delivering up to 57% more runtime over standard battery technology, it’s like having a whole new set of batteries at your fingertips. The DeWalt DCD996 features a best-in-class battery pack brushless motor and provides reliable performance even in high-demand applications. You can use a hammer drill as a regular drill when you attach the right additional tools like drill bits and screws.
As I said initially, both Dewalt DCD996B and DCD996p2 are very similar to each other, and you can buy any one of them. Depending on your suit and needs you can choose the one which is best suitable for you. We hope that our DeWalt DCD996 review helped on your selection.